- Heath & Bernie's / Half Day Road / Reel for Jim DeWan - Liz Carroll
- Ríl Zoë - Peadar Ó Riada
- Kilkenny Station / Lally's Fancy - Frankie Gavin
- April in Roundstone - Bill Whelan
- Trip to Gort - Máirtín O'Connor
- Capaillín Dubh ina Thaibhreamh - Steve Cooney
- Bóthar na Sop - Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin
- One for Sorrow, Two for Joy - Tommy Peoples
- Cathair Geal - Niall Vallely
- Lago Puelo Jig / Twenty Two - Andy Irvine
- Moonbeams - Charlie Lennon
- New End - Donal Lunny
Within the concept of recording an album of newly composed traditional pieces, an important element is to represent a snapshot of Irish music alive today. This recording showcases the diverse strands of the tradition. While the music reflects the influences and personalities of the composers, it also recognises the common roots of the tradition and gives an inviting glimpse of the direction in which the artform is going.
These pieces, composed especially for this album, can now be added to the well of Irish music for future generations. The title of the album, Go Marir i Bhfad, is our wish for the music.
We would like to sincerely thank all the
composers who have put their faith in us to record their music,
and gave us the freedom to interpret the pieces and arrangements.
Or as Peadar put it,
"I suggest humming or diddling it quiet a bit on your own
so that it takes your shape and fits you like a good coat".
Thanks also to The Arts Council and Music Network who kindly supported this project and funded the commissioning of the pieces.
Zoe and John 2012